“In my country we go to prison first and then become President” –
Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, the Founding President of South Africa and the Father of a Nation has died. President Jacob Zuma announced his death with sadness today and not just South Africa but the world mourns the death of this courageous son of Africa.
Held in solitary confinement for just over 27 years on Robbin Island he was released to a world which had largely changed since he was incarcerated but also to a South Africa that needed to further change. So many changes have occurred in the apartheid system and there is still much more to do before total “freedom” is gained but the life of Nelson Mandela has taught the world so many lessons in truth and reconciliation.
May his legacy continue and despite the question, “What now for South Africa?” may the dignity he showed throughout his life continue to reverberate throughout the ANC and the nation of Africa to achieve the vision of a country at peace with itself.
- RIP Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela – July 18, 1918 – December 6, 2013. (jolauro.wordpress.com)
- Another Great One Gone #R.I.P Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela (audreyamah.wordpress.com)
- South African President Nelson Mandela has died. (south-africa.co.nz)
- Nelson Mandela dead: WORLDWIDE REACTION (rt.com)
- RIP Nelson Mandela (jobryantnz.wordpress.com)
- BREAKING NEWS: Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela, has died! (ezasemzansi.wordpress.com)
- Nelson Mandela, 1918-2013 (boingboing.net)
- Nelson Mandela dead (smh.com.au)
- Nelson Rolihlahla Mandela: South Africa needed a man (thekingsentry.wordpress.com)